2nd division in Belgium in decembre 1918 et januray 1919

lignard2

Re: 2nd division in Belgium in decembre 1918 et januray 1919

Message par lignard2 »

Hello,

Can I ask you for a help for my research.
I learned that a company of a regiment of infantry of the 2nd English division was in my commune in December 1918 and January February 1919
Where can I find informations on
to see….

pages1418/Forum-Pages-d-Histoire-armees ... _648_1.htm

many thanks for your good attention.

Lignard belge
« Il portait ainsi en lui le nom de quelques camarades, laissés dans les petits cimetières de Champagne ou de l’Aisne, ou bien entre les lignes, sur la terre à personne, » Roland Dorgelès
lignard2

Message par lignard2 »

merci à Alain pour m'avoir fait remarquer l'erruer dans les dates... Erreur corrigée :hello:
« Il portait ainsi en lui le nom de quelques camarades, laissés dans les petits cimetières de Champagne ou de l’Aisne, ou bien entre les lignes, sur la terre à personne, » Roland Dorgelès
steve marsdin

Message par steve marsdin »

Bonsoir d'Angleterre,

I posted a link on the anglophone "Great War Forum": http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forum ... 199838&hl=

I am advised that the 2nd Battalion, Highland Light Infantry (part of 5th Brigade of the 2nd Division) were there in December, as were the 2nd Battalion of the Oxford & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry. I have checked the war diary (JMO) of the 2HLI and they were there from 29 November 1918 to 3 December before moving to Thon near Andenne on 4 December.
Steve Marsdin
lignard2

Message par lignard2 »

Bonsoir d'Angleterre,

I posted a link on the anglophone "Great War Forum": http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forum ... 199838&hl=

I am advised that the 2nd Battalion, Highland Light Infantry (part of 5th Brigade of the 2nd Division) were there in December, as were the 2nd Battalion of the Oxford & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry. I have checked the war diary (JMO) of the 2HLI and they were there from 29 November 1918 to 3 December before moving to Thon near Andenne on 4 December.
mesimages/6374/Bois-de-Villers 1.png
mesimages/6374/Bois-de-Villers 2.png
Hello,

large a thank you for your research and you really found the answers to the presence of the English troops to Bois de Villers et Saint Héribert. I see that photographs were taken with officers. Can I ask to you whether this regiment still has a committee of history (we say a “fraternal”) because I would write to ask at least for a photograph to put in my research
On my side, if you have some information to seek in Belgium, I can perhaps help you.
I will send an article of the newspaper to you which speaks about the arrival of the English troops in the town of Namur. (Belgium)
Still while you thanking and I will add a page to my blog on the Allies which arrive in my commune. Canadians and English.
Still thank you for your assistance.
Lignard belge

cordiallyImage
lignard2

Message par lignard2 »

[quotemsg=661,3,6374]Bonsoir d'Angleterre,

an other oneImage

the first is on the 20 november 1919 ans the second on the 23 november 1919

cordially

Lignard belge
steve marsdin

Message par steve marsdin »

Hi,

I think the HLI regimental association has a website:

http://www.highlandlightinfantry.org.uk ... &Itemid=63
Steve Marsdin
lignard2

Message par lignard2 »

Hi,

I think the HLI regimental association has a website:

http://www.highlandlightinfantry.org.uk ... &Itemid=63
Hi, many thanks for your attention. I sent a message to the secretary of the regiment. I will give you the received answers.
Have a good week.

Lignard belge
Répondre

Revenir à « English »