IV Armee

Yperite

Re: IV Armee

Message par Yperite »

I know there are some people with good access to French order-of-battles and campaign maps, so i once again ask for your help;
In September-November 1918, French IVéme Armee attacked on the left-side of the American First Army during the Meuse-Argonne campaign. I have enough maps showing me the American units in the area. Since I by myself have poor access to the French order-of-battles at the time, I`ll ask you; What French divisions went to fight on the extreme-right of the French IV Army`s region in late October or early November? I`d also like to find out the compositions (order-of-battle) of these divisions (most important infanterie-regiments and chasseur-batallions).

I also know that by 5th November, the leading US units reached the hills overlooking Sedan. The 1st (US) Army boundary was ordered to be shifted to the east to allow the French (IV Army) the honour of capturing Sedan (which was a scene of French defeat in 1870). What units got this honour?
Terraillon Marc

Re: IV Armee

Message par Terraillon Marc »

Hi,

In the IV army, you have the 9th CA and the 40th division
In the 40th Division of infantery, the 150th, 161th and 251th RI have involved in the battle to the MEUSE and entered to SEDAN

Bye
Répondre

Revenir à « English »