just returning from the Vosges, I am badly looking for detail trenchmaps from:
1. Tete de Faux=Buchenkopf
2. Schratzmännele-Barrenkopf-Kleinkopf
3. Reichackerkopf and
4. Hilsenfirst
Can you help me?
Amicalement
egbert
In Erinnerung an Grossvater OffzStellv. Gottfried S., IR 49, 4.Kompanie, gefallen 1 May 1918 bei Merville/Bois de Nieppe. Ici est son histoire: http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forum ... opic=40572
Eric Mansuy

Re: Vosges trenchmaps

Message par Eric Mansuy »

Good evening Egbert,

Have a look at this page: http://vestiges.1914.1918.free.fr/Cartes.htm#Plans (look at the lower half of the page, in the "canevas de tir" section).

Best regards,
Eric Mansuy
"Un pauvre diable a toujours eu pitié de son semblable, et rien ne ressemble plus à un soldat allemand dans sa tranchée que le soldat français dans la sienne. Ce sont deux pauvres bougres, voilà tout." Capitaine Paul Rimbault.
egbert

Message par egbert »

Bonsoir Eric, thank you very much for pointing me to this excellent site. It sure is now with my favorites!
In Erinnerung an Grossvater OffzStellv. Gottfried S., IR 49, 4.Kompanie, gefallen 1 May 1918 bei Merville/Bois de Nieppe. Ici est son histoire: http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forum ... opic=40572
Eric Mansuy

You're welcome! By the way, what are you interested in in the Vosges sector?

Best regards,
Eric
"Un pauvre diable a toujours eu pitié de son semblable, et rien ne ressemble plus à un soldat allemand dans sa tranchée que le soldat français dans la sienne. Ce sont deux pauvres bougres, voilà tout." Capitaine Paul Rimbault.
egbert

Message par egbert »

I am interested in walking the ww1 sites which are OFF the normal tourist routes. Last weekend I walked the Tete de Faux plus the Schratzmännele_Barrenkopf_Kleinkopf sector. I am looking for new walks off the tourist places like Linge and HWK for my next visits. I think the Reichsackerkopf looks promising........?
Eric Mansuy

Dear Egbert,

You won't be disappointed by Reich(s)ackerkopf, I think. But there are some other great spots worth seeing on the western side of the mountain too, such as Pain de Sucre, Pierre Piquée (and mount Donon as well), Ban de Sapt, Hill 607 (Höhe 608 for you) and Schusterberg, Violu, etc.

Best regards from the Vosges,
Eric Mansuy
egbert

Message par egbert »

Oh Eric, I am most certainly interested in routes where tourists are rare. If you have some suggestions hopefully with route description, I'd be more than happy. It took so much time to turn my personal attention to the Vosges and I am not dissapointed after my last weekend trip. I am planning to do some more this year -so I am badly looking for any great suggestions.
Amicalement
egbert
Eric Mansuy

Dear Egbert,

Don't hesitate to contact me privately, and we could then try and set up something together, why not? Most of the spots I mentioned are off the beaten tracks of the "WW1 tourists".

Best regards,
Eric
ww1_USA

Message par ww1_USA »

Hi Egbert,
Great name... :)
Have you seen the Atlas of World War I? I don't know if they have trenches for the Vosges, however. But they do have some for the Sommes.
Narayan
www.lulu.com/commerce/index.php?fBuyContent=7870784 - mon livre "American Eagles", 400 pages, 225 photos, etc., environs 15 Euros
www.usaww1.com - American Eagles - the Rise of American Aviation in World War I, 1914-1918
www.usaww1.com/American-Expediti
Répondre

Revenir à « English »