medical service gallipoli

italo

Re: medical service gallipoli

Message par italo »

Good afternoon,

I stumbled on this excellent forum about a week ago and I was wondering if someone could help me with the following:

I'm trying to 'reconstruct' the 'life and times ' of a young French medic, from Paris to the Dardanelles / Gallipoli and I'm in desperate need of detailed info on the life of a typical 'medecin auxiliaire'. I have enough general info, what I need is more or less

1) What did the medical personnel typically do on board the transport ships and on the beaches after landing? I'm interested in the young medical student / young inexperienced doctor type of personnel. (What duties, what chores?)

2) I would be extremely interested in the French side of things but seeing the scanty info I have so far uncovered on the Internet I would be just as interested in the British side. Particularly in the 29th division, as the medic I have in mind belonged to the 175th French infantry, which was positioned next to the 29th (I think...) and also depended from the British Medical organisation (I think...).

3) The period I am looking at is approx. March 1915 - May 6th 1915.

I would really be immensely grateful for any help whatsoever.

Thank you in advance.
italo
vesuve 42100

Message par vesuve 42100 »

Good afternoon,

I stumbled on this excellent forum about a week ago and I was wondering if someone could help me with the following:

I'm trying to 'reconstruct' the 'life and times ' of a young French medic, from Paris to the Dardanelles / Gallipoli and I'm in desperate need of detailed info on the life of a typical 'medecin auxiliaire'. I have enough general info, what I need is more or less

1) What did the medical personnel typically do on board the transport ships and on the beaches after landing? I'm interested in the young medical student / young inexperienced doctor type of personnel. (What duties, what chores?)

2) I would be extremely interested in the French side of things but seeing the scanty info I have so far uncovered on the Internet I would be just as interested in the British side. Particularly in the 29th division, as the medic I have in mind belonged to the 175th French infantry, which was positioned next to the 29th (I think...) and also depended from the British Medical organisation (I think...).

3) The period I am looking at is approx. March 1915 - May 6th 1915.

I would really be immensely grateful for any help whatsoever.

Thank you in advance.
Ciao Italo
Sono francese ma parlo un po italiano, la tua chiamata mi sembra troppo precisa...Pero voglio bene aiutarti...
vesuve 42100

Message par vesuve 42100 »

Ciao Italo
Sono francese ma parlo un po italiano, la tua chiamata mi sembra troppo precisa...Pero voglio bene aiutarti...
Penso che Marcel Clement puo aiutarti
Répondre

Revenir à « English »