A Musical Tribute - ‘11 March 1917’ - Bruce Broughton

Arts graphiques - cinéma - musique & chansons - poésie - danse -
MicahDominicParsons

A Musical Tribute - ‘11 March 1917’ - Bruce Broughton

Message par MicahDominicParsons »

Hello everyone,

French Translation:
e voulais partager avec vous la première à distance sociale d'un nouveau morceau de musique de la plume de Bruce Broughton intitulé « 11 mars 1917 ».

Bruce Broughton est probablement mieux connu pour son travail cinématographique dans lequel il a produit des bandes originales de films populaires tels que "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey", "Silverado" et "Tombstone".

La motivation derrière ce projet était d'utiliser un ensemble d'instruments qui auraient été familiers aux soldats servant sur le front occidental pendant la Première Guerre mondiale et aussi de faire un lien supplémentaire avec les expériences musicales de mon arrière-grand-père avant la guerre en tant que membre de l'orchestre de l'Armée du Salut de la ville de Coventry.

Pour donner vie à cette pièce, j'ai travaillé aux côtés de l'Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Living History Society pour donner vie à certains des événements qui se sont déroulés dans les jours précédant le dimanche 11 mars 1917, qui marque le jour où mon arrière-grand-père Henry Nichols a été tué au combat alors qu'il servait dans le 1/6e bataillon du Royal Warwickshire Regiment.

Un autre aspect passionnant du projet était une œuvre d'art spécialement commandée qui a été achevée la semaine dernière par Christa Hook que vous pourrez voir au début de la vidéo.

Bien que ce morceau de musique ait été fixé à une date précise qui a une signification personnelle pour moi, j'espère que tous ceux qui interprèteront ce morceau de musique seront capables d'adapter la musique pour donner vie aux histoires de leurs proches.

J'espère que vous apprécierez la première socialement distanciée de '11 mars 1917' que vous pouvez visionner sur le lien suivant - https://youtu.be/lbOxoKTRcSc.

English Translation:
I wanted to share with you the socially distanced premiere of a new piece of music from the pen of Bruce Broughton entitled ‘11 March 1917’.

Bruce Broughton is probably best known for his film work in which he has produced soundtracks for popular films such as ‘Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey’, ‘Silverado’ and ‘Tombstone’.

The motivation behind this project was to use a set of instrumentation which would have been a familiar to those soldiers serving on The Western Front during The First World War and also to make a further connection with my Great Grandfather’s musical experiences prior to the war as a member of The Coventry City Salvation Army Band.

To bring this piece to life, I worked alongside The Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Living History Society to bring to life some of the events which took placed around the days leading up to Sunday 11th March 1917 which marks the day in which my Great Grandfather Henry Nichols was killed in action whilst serving with The 1/6th Battalion, The Royal Warwickshire Regiment.

Another exciting aspect of the project was a specially commissioned piece of art which was completed just last week by Christa Hook which you will be able to see at the start of the video.

Although this piece of music has been set on a specific date which has a personal significance to me, I am hoping that anyone who performs this piece of music will be able to adapt the music to bring their own relatives stories alive.

I hope you enjoy the socially distanced premiere of ‘11 March 1917’ which you can view at the following link - https://youtu.be/lbOxoKTRcSc.

Best Wishes,

Micah Dominic Parsons
Répondre

Revenir à « LES ARTS & LA GUERRE »