French Intelligence Services

Doc

Re: French Intelligence Services

Message par Doc »

Good afternoon.

Does anyone have any information sources for tracking people who might have been working for French intelligence services (either the Deuxieme Bureau or military intelligence) during WW1 or the inter-war years? I am researching someone, and I have come to the conclusion that she must have been working for some French intelligence agencies during this period. I hasten to add that there is as of yet no evidence for this-- It is just the only way I can account for her paperwork and her movements during these periods. I have heard that the Deuxieme Bureau records are sealed, but that it might be possible to get information on a dead person. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Does anyone know which French intelligence agencies (Deuxieme Bureau or military intelligence) had responsibilities in North Africa during the interwar years?

Thanks in advance for any assistance or any points of contact you can provide. Doc
Tanker

Message par Tanker »

Bonsoir,

I an sorry but the good way is to go to Paris - Chateau de Vincennes - Service Historique de la Défense.
The website giving informations on this périod, is in "III° République - documents de la série "N"
No answer by mail an you have a lot of box . . . .

http://www.servicehistorique.sga.defens ... d_e0000589

With " Mémoires des hommes" you are, on internet, at the beginning of "SGA" website

Michel
Email - [email protected]

Liens sur les sujets Artillerie Spéciale de "Pages 14-18" :
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=52768
Doc

Message par Doc »

Bonjour, Michel. Merci pour l'information. J'essayerai contacter le Chateau de Vincennes.

Bonne Noel! Doc
Répondre

Revenir à « English »