MT Kennedy's grandson Peter

marie-grace

Re: MT Kennedy's grandson Peter

Message par marie-grace »

Good afternoon,

I've been doing research on the Australian WWI soldier private Michael Thomas Kennedy, buried in the Sens cemetery . I've read all I could about him and the circumstances of his death . I would love toget into contact with his grandchildren. Yesterday I went to the cemetery to lay flowers on his grave. I discovered a plaque bearing the names of Peter, Michael's grandson and Peter's son, Kane. Peter and Kane visited Michael's grave on the 19th of October 2010 and are probably back in Australia by now . If ever you get to read this message, please reply : I would really like to know more about Michael's children . I know that his wife moved several times after his death . Losing her husband, and so far from home, must heve been terrible for her. But I gather she must have been very brave. I was really moved to find a trace of your visit to Michael's grave and I was desperate too : I visited Michael's grave that week too...

Marie-Grace.
l'amiral

Message par l'amiral »

Hello Marie-Grace,

Your motivation is great but ... could you please tell me/us where this "... Sens cemetery" is located ? Country, city, etc.
Would be appreciated.
Regards,
The Admiral
Belgium.

bruno10

Message par bruno10 »

Bonjour

Sens his located in France (Yonne)

See here in CWGC the note about Michael Thomas Kennedy
http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_det ... lty=574252

Cordialement
Bruno
marie-grace

Message par marie-grace »

Sorry, I haven't read your messages yet - I'm a bad girl ...

Sens is in France, as Bruno has already said. Michael's grave is the only Commonwealth Commission War Grave there .What is really frustrating is that I missed Michael's grandson . I visit the cemetery very often and I would really like to find out what became of Michael's widow and his children . I've read quite a few articles about the effects war had on families. I'll contact other members of this forum who may have further ideas.

Marie-Grace
marie-grace
Répondre

Revenir à « English »