Fort de Tavannes still accessible?

Kuranosuke

Re: Fort de Tavannes still accessible?

Message par Kuranosuke »

In a Dutch forum I recently found a discussion thread indicating that among many other forts around Verdun, also fort de Tavannes has been made inaccessible. A photo in this thread shows the window of the little guard room next to the blocked main passage being closed with masonry. Unfortunately, all hints are rather vague and there are no additional photos.
Would anyone here please let me know if Tavannes is still accessible or if it is completely blocked?

And - yes, I'm aware of all dangers there and of the fact that I have to apply for permission ... I've been taking care of Tavannes for more than 20 years.

Thank you

Bernd
www.tavannes.de
(currently under re-construction)
acesar55

Message par acesar55 »

In a Dutch forum I recently found a discussion thread indicating that among many other forts around Verdun, also fort de Tavannes has been made inaccessible. A photo in this thread shows the window of the little guard room next to the blocked main passage being closed with masonry. Unfortunately, all hints are rather vague and there are no additional photos.
Would anyone here please let me know if Tavannes is still accessible or if it is completely blocked?

And - yes, I'm aware of all dangers there and of the fact that I have to apply for permission ... I've been taking care of Tavannes for more than 20 years.
Thank you

Hi,

I don't believe the fort de Tavannes is bloqued with concrete (that was not the case in 2009) but what you can be sure is that the visit is absolutly forbidden. :bounce:

It is very dangerous to walk in this area, the police and the army often patrol in this place.
The fine could be very expansive (150€)
To go inside the fort is forbidden but walking around is OK and you will find other interesting place to visit.

Be careful

Best regards

Alain
Kuranosuke

Message par Kuranosuke »

I don't believe the fort de Tavannes is bloqued with concrete (that was not the case in 2009) but what you can be sure is that the visit is absolutly forbidden. :bounce:

It is very dangerous to walk in this area, the police and the army often patrol in this place.
The fine could be very expansive (150€)
To go inside the fort is forbidden but walking around is OK and you will find other interesting place to visit.
As I wrote: I'm well aware of all those facts. In former times I used to get official permissions for my visits, but as I currently don't have any more connection to local military I don't know whom to address with such a request. As a consequence, I haven't been in Tavannes in the past few years.

But this is just a side remark.

In the mean time, I got a "semi-official" confirmation: Tavannes is blocked. To be honest - I don't have any idea about how this might have been achieved. I think it's getting time for a new visit.

Anyone a recommandation whom to address for an approval? I don't even know the name of the current local military commander ...
Yv'

Message par Yv' »

Hello Bernd,

I think you should ask the "mairie d'Eix", they probably know.

Mairie d'Eix
5 rue Basse
55400 EIX
FRANCE
(Tél. : 03 29 88 34 40)

Or maybe better, the Gendarmerie Nationale in Verdun :

11 pl Gouvernement 55100 VERDUN
Tél. : 03 29 86 18 83

Keep us informed !
Regards,
Yves
Répondre