Champagne, Artois, Verdun: the tragic history of three brothers

louis cazaubon

Re: Champagne, Artois, Verdun: the tragic history of three brothers

Message par louis cazaubon »

Dear all,

Please, be informed that, after more than ten years of personal research, I have just published an English speaking blog, "World War Wounds": http://worldwarwounds.canalblog.com/, dedicated to a French family, the Baudiment family, during the Great War: this was the family of my father's mother. She had two sisters, and three brothers:

Henri was commanding the 3rd Company of the 90th Infantry Regiment (from Châteauroux, Indre), as a captain, when he was mown down by an Austrian 88mm shell, on the 22nd of April 1916, somewhere between Hill 304 and Mort-Homme Hill, in Verdun; he had been fighting, until then, in the Marne, in Ypres, and in Artois. He had been awarded the Military Cross, after the November fights in Ypres, in 1914, and had, then, taken part to the Battle of Loos, in September-October 1915, under the British Command,

Jean-Baptiste, had been severly wounded on the Champagne front, on the 18th of September, 1914, while he was serving as a second-lieutenant at the 8th RMZ (Zouaves Regiment), having survived the fights in the St Gond Marsh, during the Battle of the Marne; he then died in January 1922, definitively struck by the Spanish Flu, and

Aimé, a young sergeant while not even 18, who had been shot to death at the head, when attacking for the first time, on the 11th of May 1915, in Neuville St Vaast (Artois).

A French version of this blog already exists: http://blessuredeguerre.canalblog.com/.

The current one aims at being read and _ I hope_ appreciated by German, or at least English speaking visitors, in order to share with them this sad and moving History of our grandfathers and great uncles. After all, this history is, now, our common history.

Thank you very much to all of you who accepted to give me a fierce hand, when I was stuck in my quest: Jérôme, Stéphan, ... et al.

And above all, thank you in advance to all of you, who will help me to maintain and/or improve and /or correct the text of this blog, which stays nevertheless more than perfectible...

Very truly yours,

Louis Cazaubon
"Et ils auront peur dans toute leur chair. Ils auront peur, c'est certain, c'est fatal; mais ayant peur, ils resteront." (Maurice Genevoix, Ceux de 14)
Répondre

Revenir à « English »