Marius Soupault, 285e R.I.

Trebrys

Re: Marius Soupault, 285e R.I.

Message par Trebrys »

Salut!

This is my first time on this website, so please forgive my lack of French. I have recently found an old photograph album belonging to an English soldier who fought in France during the war. Amongst the photos was one of a wooden cross with the name Marius Soupault on it.

Would anyone know how to find information about him, his regiment or his death here? Is he still buried in the same place?

Any information at all would be of great help.

Merci,
Trebrys.
Trebrys

Message par Trebrys »

Merci Jerome and Armand,

I can follow what you are saying ( I think) with my dictionary!! I must go out now, but I will return tomorrow to see what you have found!!! If you would like a copy of the photo I will be happy to send it to you.

Nos da / Good night,
Trebrys.
Trebrys

Message par Trebrys »

Would anyone know anything about where the 285 Regiment were in November 1914?

Regards,
Trebrys.
Melaniespt

Message par Melaniespt »

Hi, my name's Mélanie Soupault and Marius was my relative. He was thé brother of my great grand father Léon Soupault (and so the uncle of my grand father). I would love to see the picture of his grave, please....
Thanks a lot !
Mélanie
pierreth1

Message par pierreth1 »

Hi,

Marius SOUPAULT was KIA on november 1914 the 17th (Givenchy)
The 285th infantry rgt had two battalions ( 5th and 6th) it belonged to the 131 th brigade (58th division)
this division left the Alsace area on October 9th for Artois and will act in cooperation with the British army
On November the 12th, the 5th and 6th Battalions occupy the Givenchy-Cuinchy sector.
Until December 10, this sector is held by the regiment, reinforced by a battalion of 144th R. I. T. (92nd Territorial Division).
that day two soldiers were killed

Kind Regards

Pierre
pierre
Répondre

Revenir à « English »