Poilus and the Croix de Guerre...

Chris Boonzaier

Re: Poilus and the Croix de Guerre...

Message par Chris Boonzaier »

Bonjour, Servus, Hi,

Je suis tres happy to have found cette forum ;-)

Mon Francaise est terrible, nais je vais faire une effort comme meme.

Depuis une moment jai commence de faire une site sur les homme qui ont gagne la Croix de Guerre. C'est en anglais, mais ca a pour son butte de montre aux anglophones the heroism des Poilu. Malheuresment il'ya une stereotype (on peut dire une arrogance) dans le pays Anglophone at cette niveau et il faut quil apprend la verite...

Alors, la debut de mon cite est ici....

http://www.kaiserscross.com/40056/home.html

Hi,

phew... I hope the French speakers understood what I was on about.... I only ever learned French by chatting and never by writing so its pretty difficult ;-)

I have opened a page on my site trying to show the Poilu and his war through his citations for the Croix de guerre.... the link above. The hardy Poilu has suffered in the English speaking books due to unrelated politics from the late 1940s to now, many cheap shots taken at his expense... but I hope to do a bit to show the "Real deal"

All the best
Chris
mireille salvini

Message par mireille salvini »

hello Chris,

your site is very interesting and your collection is impressive. :jap:

I did not know this prejudice about French Soldiers of WWI,(on behalf of the English-speaking historians ?), it is definitely damage.
so ,what you make is therefore particularly important for the duty of memory.
thank you for them.

this link shows some quotations of French soldiers:
pages1418/forum-pages-histoire/citation ... 3667_1.htm

my grandfather also had a Croix de guerre in January, 1918 with this quotation:
" Horseman who assured the service of the (messengers) racers between the regiment and ID (Infanterie Divisionnaire), in particularly difficult conditions and under violent bombings "

best regards
Mireille
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

en français/in french:

bonjour Chris,

votre site est bien intéressant et votre collection impressionnante.
je ne connaissais pas ce préjugé à propos des soldats français de la 1ère guerre mondiale (de la part des historiens anglophones?),et c'est vraiment dommage.
ce que vous faites est alors particulièrement important pour le devoir de mémoire.
merci pour eux.

ce lien montre quelques citations de soldats français (..)

mon grand-père a eu aussi la Croix de Guerre en janvier 1918 avec cette citation:
"Cavalier.A assuré le service des coureurs entre le régiment et l'ID,dans des conditions particulièrement difficiles et sous de violents bombardements"

amicalement,Mireille
David L

Message par David L »

Hi Mireille and Chris,

I had talked about these predjudices here :

pages1418/forum-pages-histoire/regard-a ... 2703_1.htm

Rgds / David.
tunneller

Message par tunneller »

Excellent site Chris. I too collect medals and certificates to French soldiers. I`m sure i will learn alot more from your site.

Excellent stuff

Regards

Jim
Remebering Cpl Jules Puyraimond 92 Infantry Regiment died 14/3/16
l'ecossais

Message par l'ecossais »

Dear Mireille and Chris

Interesting site.

I have been researching off and on for some years the battle record of my wife's great uncle Francois-Marie le Bras of the 62 RI, who according to his letters was awarded the Croix de Guerre in fighting near la Boiselle in 1915. His letters say the medal was lost on the march to Verdun where he was captured.

There seems to be very little information on the 62 RI. Any ideas if I can find out anything about how he earned the Croix de Guerre?

Kind regards
John D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

en français/in french:

bonjour Chris,

votre site est bien intéressant et votre collection impressionnante.
je ne connaissais pas ce préjugé à propos des soldats français de la 1ère guerre mondiale (de la part des historiens anglophones?),et c'est vraiment dommage.
ce que vous faites est alors particulièrement important pour le devoir de mémoire.
merci pour eux.

ce lien montre quelques citations de soldats français (..)

mon grand-père a eu aussi la Croix de Guerre en janvier 1918 avec cette citation:
"Cavalier.A assuré le service des coureurs entre le régiment et l'ID,dans des conditions particulièrement difficiles et sous de violents bombardements"

amicalement,Mireille[/quotemsg]
JOHN D
Jacquot

Message par Jacquot »

Chris,

My greatgrandfather received the Croix de Guerre while in service with the French army during the Great War. I have been searching for his records, but so far have come up with nothing. I am told there is no official list of these medal recipients and I no longer know where to look. Any information you could provide would be appreciated. I live in Canada.
Bonjour, Servus, Hi,

Je suis tres happy to have found cette forum ;-)

Mon Francaise est terrible, nais je vais faire une effort comme meme.

Depuis une moment jai commence de faire une site sur les homme qui ont gagne la Croix de Guerre. C'est en anglais, mais ca a pour son butte de montre aux anglophones the heroism des Poilu. Malheuresment il'ya une stereotype (on peut dire une arrogance) dans le pays Anglophone at cette niveau et il faut quil apprend la verite...

Alors, la debut de mon cite est ici....

http://www.kaiserscross.com/40056/home.html

Hi,

phew... I hope the French speakers understood what I was on about.... I only ever learned French by chatting and never by writing so its pretty difficult ;-)

I have opened a page on my site trying to show the Poilu and his war through his citations for the Croix de guerre.... the link above. The hardy Poilu has suffered in the English speaking books due to unrelated politics from the late 1940s to now, many cheap shots taken at his expense... but I hope to do a bit to show the "Real deal"

All the best
Chris
Répondre

Revenir à « English »