Very good idea!!!!!

louis cazaubon

Re: Very good idea!!!!!

Message par louis cazaubon »

Hello, there, in the trench!

I am fully supporting this new initiative.

I do not forget that I had found most valuable information, in my personal quest, from a British forum, that had welcome me in a very friendly manner: 30 minutes :bounce: (same category than Stephan and Jerome) to find me the information that I had been looking for, for more than three years!

So, welcome to our non French speaking friends, and let us understand more together.

Louis
"Et ils auront peur dans toute leur chair. Ils auront peur, c'est certain, c'est fatal; mais ayant peur, ils resteront." (Maurice Genevoix, Ceux de 14)
Gerard GEHIN

Message par Gerard GEHIN »

Hello at all,

I think that it's a good idea
Welcome to the german and english people.
I'll try to give you all the informations found in my french library
Best regards
Gérard
I make a collecting of all brigadier general and major general of the first world war
Terraillon Marc

Message par Terraillon Marc »

Wonderfull !!!

Hello Gerard

How are you ???

Best regards
Mark :lol:
Cordialement
Marc TERRAILLON

A la recherche du 17e RIT, des 166/366e RI et du 12e Hussards.
williamsJF

Message par williamsJF »

I am enquiring if anyone knows of Louisa Constance Colt-Williams who was awarded the Croix de Guerre (Avec Palm) in the First World War. She was born in Boughton, Cheshire, the daughter of a Barrister who was born in Nannerch, North Wales. Indeed she died aged 31 and is buried in Nannerch.
She was, I think, in the Red Cross, and is said to have been "In Service" for 5 years. I would like to know more of her and her history, why was she awarded the Croix de Guerre, but although I have Googled her name and the award, there is no trace. Thank you in advance, Mavis Williams.
Croix de Guerre (Avec Palm)
Terraillon Marc

Message par Terraillon Marc »

Hello

I put your message in a specific thema to help you

Bye

Cordialement
Marc TERRAILLON

A la recherche du 17e RIT, des 166/366e RI et du 12e Hussards.
zoe

Message par zoe »

Hi JF,
If you are in Wales, you could try to find if there is any obituary concerning your Louisa in a local newspaper. Try the local studies in or near Broughton or Nannerch. Since you know when she died, it would not take to long to ask someone local to check for you these newspapers. Often obituaries give that sort of details.
Good luck.
Zoé
Répondre

Revenir à « English »